Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ipatas lashes out



By TRAVERTZ MABONE

THE governor elect for Enga province Peter Ipatas lashed out  at the various Enga provincial candidates who made claims of malpractice by the governor during the elections on wednessday .
Governor Ipatas said “I am here to clear my name, I don’t go around bribing, I haven’t issued any threats whatsoever,” he said.
“I live in Enga, unlike all those candidates and I certainly won back my seat through the right processes. The people have spoken,” Ipatas said.
He added that “our people in Enga need to be free. These people that have aired their complaints have caused enough problems.”
He said: “I am a leader in Wabag town and Enga province and have been so for quite some time now. They must learn from my leadership as they seem too ambitious as too much money went into play and they seem frustrated over the result.
“I have done a lot and will not see it tarnished as it took a lot of hard work to build my reputation and trust with the people of Enga and I will not go down to their level.” Mr Ipatas added.
A candidate for the Enga regional seat Peter Parao said “I have accepted my defeat and I have seen that the people of Enga have realised the hard work done by the governor Peter Ipatas. These power hungry candidates are causing a huge inconvenience. It is they themselves that have hijacked the processes and done things under the table to vie in this election, which we haven’t experienced.”
He added that he will also be persuing the matter in court for those candidates that have used his name in persuing their own interests.
Meanwhile the administrator for Enga province Dr Amean also stressed his disappointment at the leaders in naming him as being involved in hijacking and infiltrating the electoral processes.
He revealed that he will be taking the matter to court as well for defamation.
Dr Amean said that his doors are open for any issues and the manner in which the candidates accused him in the media was incorrect. He said public defamation was something that he will pursue for the good name of his family, his tribe and his office.
“Our ambitions should be concentrated on the elections and should not affect the population. My job is not an easy task in my province and I do my job honestly so that the people have a choice,” Dr Amean said.
He said that he will make a stand to protect his integrity, adding that he will pursue the matter in court for defamation.

No comments:

Post a Comment