Friday, May 24, 2013

prepared to be a “one-man opposition” if all MPs leave

PORT MORESBY, PNG --- There are seven MPs left in the Opposition bench and leader Belden Namah says he is prepared to be a “one-man opposition” if all MPs leave.
He was commenting on the defection this week from the Opposition bench to the government of Kandrian-Gloucester MP Joseph Lelang and a statement in Parliament by Prime Minister Peter O’Neill telling Namah “I will undo you slowly”.
Namah told a media conference Thursdaythat if O’Neill’s statement was to lure all opposition MPs to cross the floor, he could go ahead because he (Namah) would be happy to be a one-man opposition.
“If I’m alone, I’ll be happy but we are lucky we have seven members, a special God’s number,” he said.
“People must understand that it is not about my ego to become prime minister but it is about me exposing corruption.
“He must understand that I made him to become prime minister when he had five members and I had 38.
“I was responsible and now I will be the one to get him down although there are (only) seven of us. His days are numbered.”
It was wrongly reported in this newspaper yesterday that only six MPs remained in the opposition. The seven MPs are Belden Namah (Vanimo Green), Sam Basil (Bulolo), Dr Allan Marat (Rabaul), Madang Governor Jim Kas, Tobias Kulang (Kundiawa-Gembogl), Ross Seymour (Huon Gulf) and Lauta Atoi (North Bougainville).
Immediately after the 2012 elections, 22 MPs attended the Opposition’s Kokopo camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment